Taking a Personal Day = Chaos - 10/2/07

Today my cooperating teacher called in for a personal day to catch up on school work. I had known he was going to do this but I had no idea that without his presence the students would go insane. A substitute teacher never came. I was on my own which is of course illegal, but this is Albany High School. First period listened to my directions and didn’t give me a hard time. I tried my best to control them but keep things interesting at the same time. Second and fourth periods were bouncing off the walls. These kids need structure and dependability and my teacher not showing up really messed them up for the day. It gave me practice though. I was insulted and threatened and ignored all at once, but I learned a lot from the day, especially not to take the things students say seriously. They are of course, only kids.

No comments: