Taking Control - 11/17/07


I am almost done with Greece with my second and fourth period classes. They are hard to manage and it’s amazing how the presence of one or two specific students can completely change the dynamic of the classroom. I usually give the students a number of chances and warnings. Today that wasn’t working. I had to call a hall monitor to escort a student from my classroom. By the time I turned around and hung up the phone the student had left on his own. The class never learned more with his absence. I know its wrong to want your students to get suspended but this kid keeps other students from learning. We focused on the city states of Ancient Greece and the students learned so much and really got into it. They are so interested in Sparta especially. With this one student missing, so many more were able to focus and pay attention. I need to take control everyday.

No comments: