A Greek Food Adventure! - 11/9/07

Today was the completion of my unit on Ancient Greece and I thought it would be a great idea to bring the kids in some Greek food to really get them into the theme and reward them for being so well behaved and allowing me to get through the material I needed for them to know the previous week. I have never brought in food for a whole class before and I was completely on my own, my cooperating teacher typically leaves me for extended periods alone with the classes now in order for me to assert my authority. I brought in so much Greek food! I brought in Greek olive salad, pita break with eggplant dip, and phylo dough with fruit. Note to self: Fourteen year olds do NOT like olives. I had so much left over on top of the fact that the entire class period was chaotic. They liked the eggplant dip but apparently olives are too foreign to them. It was a rather fun day but I was exhausted at the end. They learned about Greek food and I learned that in a classroom of thirty students, bringing in that amount of food can only lead to chaos. I’m surprised there isn’t Greek food on the walls.

No comments: