Keep on Smiling - 9/6/07
I tried to come into school with a positive attitude today. Everyone keeps telling me that perhaps my smiling face might be the only one the students see all day. So regardless of how intimidated I feel and how somewhat scared I am, I keep right on smiling. I greet the students with a smile in the hallway and as they walk through the door and regardless of what may be affecting me in my personal life I try my best to compartmentalize it and never bring it into school. Today I was able to actually help. I walked around the class and guided struggling students who were attempting to fill in some basic information on a map of the world. They have no idea where they’re even sitting let alone where South American is. One child labeled Greenland Central America and I had to explain to her in the most understanding and diplomatic tone that she was “a bit” off and helped her look at her map again. The kids weren’t even sure where the U.S. was located. At least I felt useful today. I felt a bit more comfortable and at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment